The medical evidence suggests that meditation can be particularly effective with insomnia, migraines, asthma, chronic
pain, hypertension, allergies and recovery from illness.
There has also been positive results with psychosomatic disorders of the skin, digestive tract and nervous system. Insomniacs and migraine sufferers are more likely to express faster and lasting results.
Meditation can decrease tension that triggers insomnia and migraines by 20%. It is believed that meditation can be useful for most ailments not just those
Meditation brings the whole body into in harmony, this is a slow process. However, most meditators will notice a difference after 3 or 4 weeks in their
general health and well-being.
There has been hundreds of medical surveys that support the health benefits of Meditation.
- Muscular Tension Meditation releases muscular tension,
which relieves pain, increases mobility and lets the body relax. The breath, body fluids and the nerve impulses can flow more freely.
- Lowers High Blood Pressure The release in muscular tension makes the body
more pliable. You heart does not need to work so hard to push your blood around your body. Your blood becomes thick with cholesterol when you are stressed, when you relax your blood thins
- Stimulates the Immune System and increases the white blood cells The immune system winds down when the body is stressed, the healing process works best when the body is relaxed or sleeping. Meditation
speeds the recovery rates after illness or surgery.
- Asthmatics/Hayfever Meditation
opens constricted air passages which makes meditation particularly good for asthmatics or hayfever sufferers.
- Digestive System, Skin and Brain Meditation increases blood circulation to the digestive system, the skin, and the brain. When we
are stressed, our digestive system shuts down. The blood supply is redirected into the big muscles for the “fight or flight” reflex. Meditation reverses this, and the digestive system can
function efficiently again.
The flow of blood to the skin and the outer layers can be directly experienced as
a pleasant tingling when you are relaxed. Improved circulation means the entire body receives nutrients better and removes waste products more effectively.
- Hormonal Activity The findings on this topic
are a little complicated but basically the discovery’s have suggested that a meditator’s hormonal pattern is generally typical of someone 5 to 10 years younger than their current age.
Meditators often look younger than their age.
- Balance Meditation balances both the left and right side of the brain. If one
side of your brain is out of balance this can cause physical tension.